Saturday, May 2, 2009

Jesus is the only way

So far we've been dealing with basics, about God and His plan. Nothing is more basic and fundamental than to note that Jesus Christ is the only way. Thomas said in John 14:5, "...how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." Also note John 5:22-24, "...the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgement to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into Judgement, but has passed from death into life." These are simple statements, but they control everything we know about religion.

We often hear people say "we all are heading to the same place, just doing it in different ways." I've heard it said "all religions worship the same God; they just call Him by different names." But God said, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!" If you are in a religion that doesn't honor Jesus, you are wrong. He is the way. He is the Son of God. He alone is the Savior. There are a lot of good, honorable people who are religious and who worship. But without Jesus there is no hope!

A final thought about controversy. This blog is not seeking controversy, but in fact is controversial. There are many religious people and religious groups who would argue these basic Bible principles. But know this, while peace and unity are beautiful and I seek them, truth, God's truth, is even more valuable. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, the life...........keep my commandments."

See you next week. (Be sure and come back because I have some interesting information coming from "Friends of Israel".)

No comments:

Post a Comment