Saturday, August 27, 2011

Moral State of Society

Most people in our country today would say that the moral condition is decaying. There are many signs of such, but perhaps it is unnecessary to cite them.

The prophet Habakkuk in the Old Testament faced a society with lots of degradation. He cried out to the Lord, "O Lord, how long shall I cry, and You will not hear? Even cry out to You, 'Violence!' and You will not save." (1:2). God makes it clear to him that He is going to use a more sinful nation to punish Judah. Habakkuk, though frustrated, responds, "Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls--yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." We must be like Habakkuk; no matter how bad things get around us, we must put our trust in the Lord, for He is still in control.

The prophet Daniel is another good example for us. When faced with the decision of whether to obey the king or to serve his God, Daniel did not waiver. It was at great risk that Daniel made the right moral choice...and it worked out right in the end because God took care of him.

Isaiah 55: 8,9 tells us that our ways are not God's ways; His are higher.....and we must put our trust in Him. Thanks for reading. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment