Sunday, September 23, 2012

Micah

Micah was a prophet to Judah from about 735 to 710 BC. He brought a stern message to Judah about God's judgment to come.  He also talked about the coming fall of the Northern kingdom, Israel.

Notice Micah 6:6-8, "With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the High God?  Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?  He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"  He is telling us that God does not need our sacrifices, but He does want our hearts, our love, our dedication, our obedience.

Paul tells us in Philippians 2:1 on, "Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.  Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.  Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.  Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus..."  This gives clues as to how we should live during our short time on earth. 

Let's listen to these wise words and try to live them daily.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment