Sunday, November 10, 2013

"Oh LORD, get me through this one......"

This will be a different kind of story this week, but the story must be told.  I was following a semi truck, driving my little Mazda Miata, heading North on I-75 at about 65 mph on Thursday night.  The truck braked suddenly, so I moved to the left lane to avoid his problem.  He lurched to the left, started to jack-knife and almost toppled right into me.  With nowhere to go, I lost control, shot under him, under the semi trailer, coming out the other side, slid to the right, across the other lanes, down an embankment and came to a stop in a ditch.  As I was approaching the semi, about to crash into him, I must have bent down...and I called out to the Lord for help.  The impact smashed the windshield throwing glass everywhere; I later found glass in my shoes.  As the car came to a stop, it was eerily quiet...and dark.  I was alone, the truck didn't stop and no one else could be seen.  Then I looked ahead about 150 yards where a lone car had pulled over.  I got out of my car, could walk, in fact, I didn't have a scratch on me.  I had just had a major wreck, drove under a semi, and didn't even have a scratch.  Now you are seeing why this story must be told.  I called out to the Lord for HELP!.....and got it in a dramatic way.

I walked up to the stopped car where a black woman and her 9 year old daughter were standing, looking at me as though a ghost.  She was on the phone with 911; I told her not to send an ambulance.  When off the phone, she told me that she saw the whole thing, that the semi almost rolled, apparently trying to avoid something ahead.  I told her that I must have ducked, and began praying as I crashed into the truck.  She said, "God is so good!"  What kind of lesson that must have been for that 9 year old daughter.  And what a lesson to me.....

Deputies came, followed by a trooper and a fire truck.  Everyone was amazed that I was alive.  I was more amazed because I had just seen and felt the impact with the underside of the semi; a major crash.  The car was towed; might be totalled.  The trooper took me home and I was alive and well.

Romans 8:28 says "All things work together for good for those that love God..."

Psalm 119:65 "You have dealt well with your servant, O Lord, according to Your word.  Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe your commandments.  Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word.  You are good, and do good...."

"God is SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment