Saturday, March 28, 2015

Thankful

I am going to start here with the worst expression in the English language today...and with the best.  The worst expression is "Oh my God."  This is so common, yet so demeaning to our God.  It is using the name of God in a useless, meaningless way.  It is taking the name of God in vain, and He doesn't like that.  Don't do it!

The best expression, I think, is "Thank you, Lord."  I say this all of the time, but no human ever hears it.  There are so many times in every day that we all have to thankful to our Lord.  When I had a car wreck about a year and a half ago, a semi swerved into me on the interstate, I hit it with a smash and I didn't get a scratch.  I was thankful, and I continue to be thankful.  And while life can be hard many times, we all have lots of good reasons to be thankful...every day.

We know that life is short.  James 4 says, "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow I will go to this or that city, live, do business and make a profit' when you don't even know what will happen tomorrow!  What is your life?  It is a vapor that appears for a little while, then vanishes.  Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills I will live and do this or that.' "

There are two thoughts here:  One is that we need to put our trust in the Lord.  He sometimes steps into our lives.  We don't know when or why always...but we know that He does.  The second thought is that our lives are short and we need to use our time and resources wisely. 

But whether God steps into our lives here on earth, one thing that we know is that He does save us, all of us who follow Him, eternally.  He offers us salvation...forever....and that means everything.  This life can bring unbelievable pain and heartache; but He offers us freedom from all of that forever! 

So we can be thankful.....everyday....to our Lord.  Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."  He is the way, the only way.  He tells us the truth.  And most importantly, He gives us LIFE, real life, forever life.

Trust in the Lord!   Thanks, for reading.  Have a really great..and thankful...week.

No comments:

Post a Comment