Saturday, December 12, 2015

Memorizing the Bible

I am working on memorizing some key verses in the Bible.  And must say I am the worst at that.  I have never really tried to memorize much of anything and don't find that easy.  But I mention it here because I might encourage someone else to try it also.  In fact, in the last couple of weeks of work at it, I am finding it quite stimulating.  So in this lesson I will mention a few verses that you might try. 

Psalm 1:1,2   "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor stands in the path of sinners
nor sits at the feet of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and he meditates in the law day and night."

This very beginning of the book of Psalms says a lot about the importance of following God.

Genesis 12:1-3   "God had said to Abram (Abraham),
'Get out of your country,
from your family, from your father's house,
to a land that I will show you,
and I will make you a great nation.
I will bless you and make your name great.
And you will be a blessing.
Whoever blesses you, I will bless.
But him who curses you, I will curse.
And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.' "

The blessing here is referencing the fact that one day a Messiah would be born, a descendant of Abraham, who would bless the whole world.

1Corinthians 10:13  "No temptation will overcome you, but such is common to man.
And God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able.
But with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it."

Memorization can be fun; give it a try.  Thanks for reading. 






1 comment:

  1. I used to know several verses and got off track. I'm working on it again.

    ReplyDelete