Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jacob's Ladder

I am doing some remodeling in my foyer and have to climb a high ladder to reach a high ceiling area. Being so high, I am reminded of Jacob's dream in Genesis 28. Take the time to read this chapter; it is quite interesting.

"Jacob came to a certain place and stayed there all night, because the sun had set." He put a stone by his head, slept, and dreamed of a ladder set up to reach heaven. "The angels of God were ascending and descending on it." The Lord speaks to Jacob in a dream, "I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac..." Later He says, "I am with you and will keep you wherever you go........Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, 'Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it.' "

This is a great story for a lot of reasons , but here are a few: While God isn't talking to us directly in today's times, He is involved directly in our lives, and He does care. Another thought is that He always wants us to know that "I am the Lord..." And Jacob says, "..the Lord is in this place and I did not know it." This is us; the Lord is at hand always and we do not know it. We must recognize that He is always with us, always on our side, always ready to carry us through every trial.

In all of this, the only requirement of us is that we have faith in Him (which means that we will do as He asks); note Hebrews 11:1-6. We must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. Thus we must be seeking Him.

That is it for this week. Thanks for reading....and come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment