Saturday, June 14, 2014

Death and the White Stone

Death is a subject that we don't want to think about.  And I don't want to go into all aspects of this.  But as we read of the death of the Christian, we see that it is nothing to be feared.....at all.  Oh, none of us wants to go through the death process; dying has to be no fun; it surely wasn't for Jesus, and it may not be for us.

But the important point here is that if we are a follower of Jesus, if we do His will, if we put His will above ours, He has paved the way for us.  John 14 says, "Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you."  That is truly comforting as we think of ourselves...and as we think of our loved ones who have gone on before us.

We learn about this passing process in many places, but consider 1 Corinthians 15:51, "Listen, I tell you a mystery; We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed......Death has been swallowed up in victory.  Where, O death, is your victory?  Where, O death, is your sting?...But thanks be to God!  He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

He continues, "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm.  Let nothing move you.  Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."  Now, how is that for good advice.  A powerful lesson for us all.

I want a white stone.  Note Revelation 2:17, "..To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna.  I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it."  I look forward to my white stone; and I want that for you.  Love the Lord; He has prepared the way for you....and for me.

Thanks for reading.  Feel the love.


No comments:

Post a Comment