Sunday, November 1, 2015

Jesus

Jesus made His position on this earth clear.  He said in John 14, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me." This is a bold statement, but is the absolute truth.  There were times that Jesus did not speak so boldly.  These were times when He felt that His words would not be believed or understood anyway.  But there were many times when He was quite clear.

In John chapter 4 we find a verbal exchange between Jesus and a woman that He encountered at a well.  The woman was surprised that He would even speak to her since she was a Samaritan woman.  Jesus answered, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."  And later says, "...but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst."

Toward the end of this discussion, the woman says to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (who is called Christ). When He comes, He will tell us all things."  "Jesus said to her, 'I who speak to you am He.' "  Jesus spoke quite boldly to her, letting her know (us, too) that He was truly the Messiah that had been promised for generations.

In John chapter 12, Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me.  And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.  I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.  And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.  He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him--the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.  For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.  And I know that His command is everlasting life.  Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."

Jesus made it clear that He is the Son of God.  We should listen carefully to His words and give Him the glory.  Thanks for reading.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment