Saturday, November 28, 2015

Life

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life..."  Let's focus a bit on Life.  God is good at life.  And I am sure that Jesus was speaking of spiritual life, eternal life, life after this life.  But God is good at life here in this life as well.

It was 2 years ago this month that I had a terrific traffic accident, previously described here.  A semi truck swerved into me on I-75.  I hit it with an explosion of metal and glass, went all the way under it in my little car, crossed 2 lanes and ended up in a ditch on the side of the highway.  The car was totaled and I didn't get a scratch. 

I suppose that we have all had our close calls and wondered if God had stepped in...and yet we couldn't be sure.  But on this one, I am sure.  There is just no way to go under a semi as it is going down the road at over 60 miles an hour, go all the way through and not be killed.  I tried to steer the car and save myself, but the car would not steer.  But I did call out to God to help me...just before hitting the truck....and it worked.  Praise God.

So no one could convince me that God doesn't get involved in our lives, even if it isn't always in the way or at the time that we want.  And so, God is great at life, in this life.

But even more important, far more important, is the fact that God provides each of us a life beyond.  He wants us to be with Him forever in that perfect environment.  He wants us to be followers of Him, trusting in Him, seeking Him.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life.."

Thanks for reading.  Feel the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment